We are seeking applicants for a graphic design and data visualization research contract. Key tasks include helping develop the visual identity of an analog board game that demonstrates how conspiracy theory spreads online. The game seeks to explain the influence of algorithms and AI in the visibility and spread of conspiracy online. So far, the game is currently being prototyped, but help is needed in testing and designing the art for the game board and its assets.
We are looking for an applicant who:
- Can create high-quality visuals for the game board and game assets
- Understands fundamentals of data visualization and visual analytics
- Has some knowledge on AI/algorithms, disinformation, or conspiracy
- Experience working with games is an asset
Some of the tasks include:
- Designing a game board
- Designing card assets
- Playtesting game iterations (in person if permitting and/or online)
- Playtest related materials
- Offer creative insights and avenues for visualization challenges
- Help in the creation of blog posts or written descriptions of the method and work being done.
The position will last from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 at 10 hours per week (at Concordia TRAC Union rates for a research assistantship).
If you are interested, please provide the following to scottbdejong[at]gmail.com by no later than September 27, 2021:
- Small portfolio of existing work